Last update: 2022-02-11 | NEGSETS Version: 1.3.0
LIGHTROOM CLASSIC CC & ADOBE CAMERA RAW
Since version 1.1.0 NEGLIN relies on own installers for MacOSX and Windows.
On Windows, just download your proprietary installation file, unzip and double click to install.
On MacOSX, please download, unzip and right click on the .pkg file. Then click on open. A warning message will appear. Click on open to start the actual installation process.
For making NEGSETS work on your mobile, you first need to install it on your LR desktop app.
In LR mobile, make sure you’re logged into your Creative Cloud account. It needs to be the same CC account as your Lightroom CC desktop app, if you have multiple accounts.
Once signed in, you can navigate to a photo and click the ‘Presets’ icon to find your synced presets. Your presets will show up below the section that features Curves, Grain, Sharpening, and Vignetting.
Updating to a newer Version
If your current Negsets version is higher or equal 1.2.0, the Mac and Windows Installer will overwrite the previous version without prompting.
If your current version is below 1.2.0 please uninstall manually before updating.
Negsets later or equal version 1.2.0:
- Select Start , then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Or just click the shortcut link at the bottom of this article.
Select the Negmaster app you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.
Negsets earlier versions:
- Make hidden system files visible in Windows Explorer
- Remove all NEGSETS related folders from the paths below
Camera Profiles location:
- Make hidden system files visible:
Go to root (the system hard drive). Press Command+Shift+Dot to make hidden system files visible.
- Remove all NEGSETS related folders from these paths:
Camera Profiles location:
It can happen that the NEGSETS profiles won’t show although the installer reported success.
This is the case when:
- …your scanning device is not yet supported
Then, please send us a link to a RAW scan (.dng, .cr2, .nef… NOT TIF) for profiling your device
via our contact form
- …you are trying to convert a “non-RAW” file like .tif, jpg, etc…
- …your Photoshop/Lightroom version is from before 2021
Then please copy the NEGSETS folders from the paths in the uninstal section directly to …/CameraProfiles/ and …/ImportedSettings/
- Scan your negatives as raw 16bit/channel. Make sure to expose your scans correctly
- Assign one of the profiles according to the filmstock you want to convert or choose a universal profile of your liking.
- Perform white balance on the film border.
- Make sure exposure is correct. The histogram should have the same amount of empty space on both sides.
- If there is a unpleasant color cast, use the color picker to find a spot in the image with approx 50% brightness that you want to appear as neutral.
- Drag the profile strength slider to the right until the desired contrast is reached
- Readjust exposure if needed
Converting a single frame with the linear profile
Sometimes you are missing a profile for the film stock you want to convert? This video shows how you can convert a negative from the ground with the linear profile.