Two day workshop in Bad Nauheim near Frankfurt. From 23 to 24 october 2021
Ready to take the next step and work together?
Individual coaching on the subject of scanning negatives correctly
In our 2-day workshop, we have planned to systematically go through all these options as well as the basics once with our participants.
“Grey, dear friend, is all theory” Goethe already knew that.
In addition to the practical implementation with the various types of scanners and DSLR cameras, we will look at the possibilities and opportunities, as well as the advantages and disadvantages in direct comparison with each other. Some of the participants will be surprised to find out that they already have almost everything at home and that they have the necessary hardware to get the best out of their negatives and slides without having to make any further investments.
What topics will we cover?
- Color depth, density, subject contrast
- Sharpness, Acutance, Resolution, Original Size
- Advantages of IT-8 device profiling (color fidelity)
- Comparison to the craft of imaging (color correction)
- Possible ways of profiling
- Offer of profiling as a service
- Select individual equipment/software appropriate to the purpose
- DSLR/film scanner pros and cons
- vintage scanner vs. modern (Scsi, Firewire,USB)
- Hardware purchase recommendations
For whom is the workshop suitable?
For beginners and advanced users
- own color negatives (if available)
The workshop fee includes
- 2 days workshop (Saturday and Sunday)
- consumables ( photo paper, chemistry)
- enlargements, scans
- small catering on both days (snacks, drinks)
- certificate of participation
SilvergrainStudioLab, Bahnhofsallee 5, 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Saturday 23.10.2021 10:00 a.m. – Sunday 24.10.2021 6:00 p.m.
Price: 350 Euro per participant “Early Bird Special” 299 Euro (limited number)maximum 10 participants